Sierra del Moncayo
On March 26, 2007, the Association of Oil Producers of La Sierra del Moncayo was established , which is the body in charge of promoting and requesting the Regulatory Council of the Denomination of Origin "Aceite Sierra del Moncayo".
PRODUCT OBTAINING METHOD
Olive grove, collection and transport.
· Harvesting will be done directly from the tree through the methods of milking, beating, vibration, riding and combing.
· Only flying olives can be used for the DO and never ground olives, which requires their separation during harvesting.
· The transport system will always be in bulk, in boxes, or in other means that avoid damage and deterioration of the fruit.
· The use of bags as a method of transporting the raw material suitable for the DO is prohibited.
· The trailer or container must be in optimal cleaning conditions before each load.
· The crushing of the fruit by the farmer is not allowed.
· Avoid the crushing of the fruit that in no case will be stepped on.
Courtyards. Reception of the fruit.
· The patios must have a person in charge of guaranteeing the correct cataloging and separation of olive qualities.
· The classification process will consist of separating olives from the tree, healthy, fresh, without the presence of lesions, pests or diseases, which are potentially optimal for obtaining certifiable extra virgin olive oil. The rest of ground olives, crushed, with lesions and/or evidence of pests and diseases, which do not meet the requirements for obtaining a certifiable product, will be processed separately.
· The yards must have management systems that guarantee separate discharge for flight and ground, so as to avoid at all times mixtures of qualities for the independent processing of each of them.
· The patios will have adequate cleaning systems.
· The yards will have duly maintained weighing facilities.
· The hoppers and hoppers must be washed with a jet of water for cleaning and adaptation to quality protocols.
· Unloading methods must be implemented that minimize the effects of free fall of the fruit that could damage them.
· It is not allowed to crush the fruit in the mill.
Fruit processing. Elaboration.
· The farmer will deliver the fruit within 24 hours from its collection.
· The processing of the fruit will be carried out during the 24 hours from its delivery to the oil mill.
· The water used for washing and the process must be of sanitary quality.
· Only the use of natural microtalc (MTN) is allowed as a technological adjuvant, in which case the amounts used must be between 0.5% and 2.0%.
· Maximum mixing times between 60-90 minutes must be maintained, not allowing more than one mixing cycle.
· The mixing temperature will not exceed 32 ºC, measured at the most unfavorable point. · The temperature of the mixture of the water with the oil in the centrifuge must be less than 40 oC.
· Oil mills must have a periodic cleaning system for the mixer bodies.
Storage, transportation and packaging.
· Oil mills must qualify the oils produced on the basis of the physical-chemical and sensory characteristics of the oil from the DO "Aceite Sierra del Moncayo" described above. For this, they will have or subcontract with the technicians and laboratories accredited for it.
· The storage of oils qualified as DO must be done indoors and exclusively in stainless steel tanks or oil presses lined with epoxy resin or fiberglass, avoiding exposure to light and duly identified with the name of the DO
· All the Deposits must have a lid.
· Cellars and tanks must be conditioned so that the temperature of the oil inside does not exceed 25oC in any case.
· The transport of bulk oil to the packaging plant will be carried out in tank containers, suitable for liquid food products, made of stainless steel with a cleanliness certificate from the transport company.
· The packaging and labeling of oils covered by the Denomination of Origin must be carried out exclusively in certified bottling plants, otherwise the oil loses the right to use the DO
· Oils covered by the DO "Aceite Sierra del Moncayo" They can only circulate and be issued by certified firms in the conditions of packaging and packaging, which do not harm their quality.
· The bottler must comply with all the above requirements for the storage of the oil.
· The bottler must have systems that allow the independent packaging of DO oils with respect to other oils that could be packaged.
· The packaging process will be carried out within the recognized geographical area, to maintain the typical characteristics of the product in all its phases. In addition, the Control and Certification Entity will be able to have total control of the production and the producers, who are the ones who know best the specific behavior of these oils in the packaging process, manipulating the product in an optimal way.
· The installation of inert gas injection systems in storage tanks is permitted.
· Teléfono: 976 85 83 00