is a private company with a vision to promote and deliver to consumers only top quality agricultural products with an authentic and rich taste, particularly extra virgin olive oil and honey, from the area of Molaoi in Monemvasia, Greece. Our passion derives from our dedication to the development of packaged products of the highest quality, in accordance with European Union health recommendations and standards. From the tree to your plate, we show meticulous care in following every procedure for the harvesting of olives and the extraction of our extra virgin oil, as well as the collection of our honey, always aiming to deliver products with unparalleled health benefits. Honesty and integrity are core values to us. We believe that a healthy lifestyle and diet should never be a privilege; it should be a right, accessible to all. Our “recipe” is pure and simple: quality, quality, quality – and respect for consumers. In Gold Metamorphosis we share these values and want to raise awareness of the importance of consuming top quality agricultural products, taking into consideration our customers’ health benefits, tasting pleasure, and happiness.
Metamorphosis" extra virgin olive oil is an authentic and premium product that stands out for its superior quality and its particular flavor, which is the result of the ideal combination of the Koroneiki and Athinolia varieties.
- Extra virgin olive oil is cold pressed using only mechanical means.
- Extra virgin olive oil is with protected geographical indication (PGI) Laconia.
- it's naturally rich in polyphenols and extremely low acidity.
- it's full of antioxidants and vitamins that provide numerous health benefits.
- Gentle harvesting and the strictest selection of the olives used.
-this Authentic historical olive oil is dating back to the Byzantine era
It offers a health claim, where the daily consumption of 20g of the "METAMORPHOSIS" olive oil protects the blood lipids from oxidative stress according to the regulation 432/2012 of the European Union. Additionally, "Metamorphosis" contains high amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, polyphenols, and antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits.
"Metamorphosis" has an authentic and well balanced taste, special flavor, pungent, bitter, and intensely fruity. Smooth and delicate to taste, with a generous aroma, rich and aromatic, leaves a strong, lasting aftertaste
“Metamorphosis” – Glance through Centuries
Referred from 1301 by the Byzantine emperor Andronicus Palaiologos II in a so-called “chrysobull” or “golden bull”, i.e. an imperial decree.
Active Monastery under the Republic of Venice in 1699 following the Morean wars with 1 abbot, 2 priest-monks, 4 monks, 3 workers paid for by the monastery, and 5 children.
A parallel active role as a so-called “hidden school” for teaching Greek children the Greek language and Christian doctrine under Ottoman rule.
Government documents following the Greek war of independence stated the monastery to “be taken good care of, for the benefit of the Nation.” for its vital role in the Greek war of independence with the state’s top officials issuing “intense and strict orders securing the above purpose.”
Survived when Ibrahim Pasha raided southern Laconia in 1825, passing through the Gagania and Molaoi areas with an army of 17,000 men, as part of his expedition in the Peloponnese. A cultivated land of 300 acres with 587 olive trees remained untouched still producing and delivering your unique “Metamorphosis” extra virgin olive oil.
The Monastery of Metamorphosis
The olive groves of the Monastery of Metamorphosis, which produce our olive oil and honey, are situated in the area of Molai, in Laconia Greece. The Monastery itself has a very long history, dating back many centuries. It is mentioned for the first time in 1301, in a so-called “chrysobull” or “golden bull”, i.e. an imperial decree, by the Byzantine emperor Andronicus Palaiologos II. It also appears in documents dating from 1699, at which time the Peloponnese was under the Republic of Venice, following the Morean wars; the Monastery of Metamorphosis is listed there as belonging to the ecclesiastical fortune of the Monemvasia (the Venetian “Malvasia”) metropolis. In the 1699 census, the Monastery of Metamorphosis is described as having been renovated 2 years previously, therefore in 1697, a fact which implies its establishment and presence for a long time prior to that date. According to this same census, there were present at this time in the monastery 1 abbot, 2 priest-monks, 4 monks, 3 workers paid for by the monastery, and 5 children. Remarkably, it’s clearly stated that these 5 children were learning the Greek language in the monastery, indicating its active role as a so-called “hidden school” for teaching the Greek language and Christian doctrine under Ottoman rule. In the surrounding lands belonging to the monastery, as described in the census, there were “horses, sheep, goats, honeycombs, olive trees and many other planted trees.”
At a later time in Greek history, in 1824, as indicated by government documents found in the Greek state archives collection, the monastery’s “sound function, material interests, viability and protection” were particularly highlighted “for praise and due attention”, so that they “be taken good care of, for the benefit of the Nation.” For this reason, the local authorities of the Monemvasia city and fortress, under whose jurisdiction the monastery was placed, kindly asked on the 20th of December 1824 that the state’s top officials issue “intense and strict orders securing the above purpose.”
In 1828, Monemvasia’s statistical authority issued a comprehensive inventory/census of the entire province. This contains a detailed report on the “Monastery of Metamorphosis in the area of Gagania, Molaoi”, indicating its borders and other pertinent information. It’s quite remarkable that this report records the monastery’s territory as including “a cultivated land of 300 acres” specifically devoted to the cultivation of olive trees, listing at that time 587 such trees. Therefore an olive grove, the very same from which our extra virgin oil is produced, was already established at the site, strongly benefitting from the two natural freshwater springs present there. The number of 587 olive trees listed was considered a huge quantity at the time. That’s largely because when Ibrahim Pasha raided southern Laconia in 1825, passing through the Gagania and Molaoi areas with an army of 17,000 men, as part of his expedition in the Peloponnese, he burned and razed to the ground all the territories he came across. But some of the Metamorphosis olive trees escaped his wrath! Thus, one of the oldest varieties of olive tree was established and became known as “the Monasterian” variety, enjoying an ever-increasing reputation since.
The Monastery of Metamorphosis with its surrounding lands has been in our family for more than a century now, acquired from its last abbot who went by the name of Panaretos.
At an altitude of 300 meters above sea level on a hilly sloping terrain with natural drainage, the olive groves of “Metamorphosis” proudly stand.
+30 6945 540 843
+30 211 111 7393